Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Mar 23, 2015 10:21 PM

SpyroOtaku79
Gems: 0

Help!!! DX

(I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post a question. I'm a newb tongue)
Here's the problem - I was playing my new Spyro the Dragon game and I got as far as Beast Makers. I entered Terrace Village and you know when on the loading screen, Spyro flies for a second and the does his little loop-de-loop thingy? Spyro didn't do that - he just kept flying. And flying. And flying. And then I realized the game was stuck. So I reset it and tried again. Same thing. Once again, reset it, but this time I thought, "Huh, maybe I'll go to misty bog instead." Nope. It did the same darn thing with misty bog! But those are the only two levels I can't enter. And the worst part is this - I need 50 dragons and have 46. I counted up the dragons from the worlds I didn't finish completely (5 times, so don't say I miscounted -.-) and guess what? It totals 49. 49. "You've GOT to be kidding me," is the first thing that came out of my mouth. So yeah.
Any ideas on whats causing this and possibly how to fix it? Please and thanks!:D I got this copy off eBay, BTW.

#2 Mar 23, 2015 11:06 PM

Ulfbjörn

Re: Help!!! DX

Try dusting off the CD with a piece of cloth or something; if you're lucky that will help.
You can try doing this to your PSX's laser too.
If you're unlucky the disc is irrevocably damaged so that data needed to load those levels cannot be read from it and hence you get stuck loading the level.

As for the dragons I don't really get what you mean? Do you *need* to free dragons in Terrace Village / Misty Bog to get enough to continue on to Dreamweavers?
Not that it matters, of course you want to be able to play the *whole* game... but it is of course extra annoying if it won't let you play parts that may well be playable due to the loading trouble.

Hope it will work out, you don't want to miss out on the swamps... wink

#3 Mar 24, 2015 2:33 AM

36IStillLikeSpyro36
Award: Globmod
Gems: -4,018
Website

there are disc repair kits (some kind of gel and a cloth). i don't know if those are actually meant for video game discs, but i tried using some disc repair stuff on my GameShark one time and it definitely works better now.

#4 Mar 24, 2015 10:46 AM

Scaler
Banned

Yes, you do need those dragons, Ulfbjörn.

#5 Mar 24, 2015 1:20 PM

SpyroOtaku79

Yes I do really need those dragons to get to Dremweavers (I think that's it?). If I don't find a way to fix this, beast makers will be as far as I'll be allowed to go, therefore pretty much defeating the purpose of games. You buy them, to play them, to beat them (with a little love involved, of course big_smile). Anyway, I tried what you said and I think I'll have to just get that disc fixer or whatever it was. Thanks for the help though! big_smile
@36IStillLikeSpyro36, I found fixity disc cleaner for $4 at walmart online. Think that would work?

Last edited by SpyroOtaku79 (Mar 24, 2015 2:07 PM)

#6 Mar 24, 2015 4:10 PM

36IStillLikeSpyro36
Award: Globmod
Gems: -4,018
Website

#7 Mar 25, 2015 12:37 PM

SpyroOtaku79

Mk, thanks. Will try.:D

#8 Mar 31, 2015 3:19 PM

Steinar
Banned

Either its a disk error or just a really odd bug. Have you tried with another "Spyro the Dragon" PS1 disc. That way you can see if its the error with either the data file or the game itself.

Basically, if it loads fine with another Spyro disc, then it means its a problem with your disc.

However, if you still get that error with another Spyro disc, then its probably a bug and maybe a data file error in terms of saving perhaps, so you might wanna try the game again to see if that helps. Or before you do that, try to copy your save file to another memory card, just to be sure. And then load it with that memory card to see if it will give you another result.

Last edited by Steinar (Mar 31, 2015 3:24 PM)

Ban reason: Trolling

#9 Apr 30, 2015 10:01 PM

Caitelady
Website

#10 Jul 11, 2015 7:36 PM

SpyroOtaku79

(Sorry this is so late) no, steinar, I haven't tried using another disc, mainly because nobody else I know has another disc. But if I find another, I will try smile but I'm thinking it's just a problem with the disc is all. Thanks though!

#11 Jul 11, 2015 7:41 PM

SpyroOtaku79

Caitelady, I'm playing on my Grandma's psx. Which is weird because despite how old it is, the console never really acts up, so that's why I'm thinking it's the disc. I was at my Grandma's house when I posted this, and I should be visiting her again soon for thanksgiving if not during the summer. I have a psx, but its old and very well-loved (as I like to put it big_smile) and only works when it wants. I want to get a new PlayStation soon (kinda hoping for a ps2 cause I have a memory card for my ps1) but I really don't know if that will happen or not. Thanks for the help though! And I'm sorry this is so late DX

Board footer