Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jan 31, 2010 9:44 PM

OrangeDragon
Gems: 0

Big news! Insomniac's response to me asking them about the Spyro series...

#2 Jan 31, 2010 10:01 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 540
Birthday: 3 April
Website

Re: Big news! Insomniac's response to me asking them about the Spyro series...

Exactly the response I expected. I gave up hope of Insomniac developing Spyro a long time ago, to be honest. I've just been hoping some other company could give it some more quality.

That's cool that you got in touch with them, though. Now, like you said, let's just hope Activision doesn't screw up the next game, whatever it is.

#3 Feb 01, 2010 1:22 AM

iSO

Nice response you received OrangeDragon -- at least we can rest our heads down for the very least of times of hearing that legitimate comment. Don't screw up AC-TI-VIS-ION! DX

In my world, I believe that there are many, many ideas that are waiting to be created; by inspiration, renewing an old idea, or just by accident.

#4 Feb 02, 2010 5:41 AM

ratchet
Website

Personally I dont think you shoudl have asked about "buying it back" because if they wanted to make a spyro game, he wouldnt "buy him back" they would just Make a Spyro game produced by Activision.

Nethertheless, I wanted to know how many people from Insomniac worked on Spyro, so I'm happy that is answered.

Anyway, I didnt really expect Insomniac to do anything more, But I still have hope for old spyro himself.

#5 Feb 02, 2010 7:00 AM

Scarlett-Fear-Dragon

I don't think another Spyro game from Insomniac is a good idea - they were out of Spyro ideas anyway - but another company who can do a good job with an original-styled game...

Donate gems to me, biatch, and I give you cuddles.

#6 Feb 08, 2010 10:26 PM

Hurricos_McBreixo

Out of ideas AT THE TIME. Who's to say they don't have another awesome idea buried away in the back of their heads, and they're going "*bleep*, I wish we could work on another Spyro game, if only to test this idea and see it realized."

Hopes are dashed for now, my only hope left is that a fan will find themselves working with whoever has Spyro at the time and bring back good old classic Spyro with a new twist and eliminate all traces of TLOS series. DARE TO DREAAAAAAAAAAM!

#7 Feb 08, 2010 10:45 PM

DarkFury

Activison is a great company. Look at Call Of Duty and Brutal Legend.

Spyro has the potential to be made a big deal again in the gaming industry with Activison. Lets just hope that the next game is gonna make a real big splash, its time for Spyro to trully get revived. We have a new setting and characters, now its time for the last few years to pay off.

#8 Feb 09, 2010 6:13 AM

MrXLink
Gems: -92
Birthday: 18 November

Aim high in life but watch out for Flying Boxes

#9 Feb 09, 2010 11:49 AM

DarkFury

Agreed, I never said it was. Activison is more of a publisher though. They hand it down to one of their studios. Who knows? Only time will tell for our beloved purple dragon.

#10 Feb 09, 2010 7:19 PM

Phoenix_Flyer
Website

As long as Spyro games are still made and are at least playable and remain, in a way, true to the characters and basic story (which TLOS series was, it was very vague, but there were some 'Spyro' elements there, albeit drowned out in fighting and a straightforward storyline); I'm not too bothered.

#11 Feb 10, 2010 6:39 PM

Nydie
Website

Appearently they put more thought into games like CoD. Just look at Spyro and Crash. They both turned out to be fighting games that ALMOST mirror each other. Instead of fury you have jacking and instead of mojo you have crystals.

When game designers want to try something different that twists Spyro differently than copy and paste storyline and copy and paste gameplay... let me know.

So let me if Blizzard's Influence rubs off on Activision. Blizzard makes awesome games. Diablo = Pure <3.

Board footer