Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Mar 06, 2013 4:28 AM

ccrogers15
Gems: 0
Website

Why is this rare?

This game is very impossible to find in stores. I can easily find any other spyro in gamestop or EB, but not DOTD.
Weird?

On ebay they are also outrageously priced as well. Usually over $40 used! This is a 5 year old game now!
Even Spyro, the oldest in the series, is more common to find.

#2 Jun 12, 2013 10:59 PM

Tiberius
Website

Re: Why is this rare?

I had the same problem, I fixed it by going on Amazon tongue

#3 Jul 03, 2013 10:54 AM

Clock-la
Birthday: 19 March

Ah i see you never sawbthe grate dawn of the dragon burnings! -shot-

#4 Sep 20, 2013 12:06 AM

Black Shadow
Banned

I know this topic is a bit older, but I feel a lot of the other responses don't really answer the question. I don't have an official answer, but this is just my thought on the matter.

This game was released in 2008 (as you stated), so therefore you aren't going to find it on the store shelves anymore. That doesn't mean that it won't popup from time to time in a store if they happen to have some in stock, but generally the game has just run is course. While I don't know if this game can be considered "rare", people on Ebay, or anywhere really, like to make big money on anything they can get their hands on to sell, or so I've noticed anyway. Don't take that as a solid fact.

Good luck on finding a copy if you haven't already! You just need to keep your eyes peeled and hope that a reasonably priced copy shows up.

#5 Sep 20, 2013 5:19 PM

NeoReaper

I have a copy of it but it is stored away now since the generation of "Computer" has taken over my life.

-Intel I7 4770k 4.5Ghz / Phanteks U-Type Black    -Vengeance (Hynix) 16Gb 1600Mhz   -Kingston SSDNow M.2 / 2TB Seagate Constellation
-Asus Intel Z97-P    -Zalman z11 Plus Case    -Windows 10 Insider Edition    -XFX R9 280X 3GB

#6 Sep 20, 2013 9:10 PM

Gekoncze
Baby Dragon
Award: Speedway Contest Winner Final
Gems: 145

When the game came out here in czech republic, it was kinda difficult to find it in the stores (at least in my town), propably because it wasn't that popular. It was so unknown that even on the website of the shop, they were talking about Cynder like she was a male >.>

Board footer