MiharuTheDragoness
Gems: 388

Spyro 1 Review!

Amateur voice actress/Youtuber

#2 May 05, 2018 1:30 AM

Aquila King
Gems: 812

Re: Spyro 1 Review!

Nice work with the video. smile I saw it late last night.

The very first game was my very first video game, and is my favorite for purely nostalgic reasons. I'm aware that it isn't the best in the series, but in my eyesight it will always be my absolute favorite. The two PS1 sequels that followed after it are overall undoubtedly better games, although there are a few things I liked about the first one that the others lacked.

1) The soundtrack was just more 'magical' in my opinion. Don't know what made it that way, but it just was.
2) The thematic worlds. In the other two games, each world within each home world was totally unique, which I liked, but was sad to see implemented in both sequels. I would've liked to see the thematic style of the first be revisited at least somewhat in the sequels again, but regardless the sequels were still great.
3) No back tracking necessary to complete each world. Some people don't mind back tracking, and even I don't so long as it's for story reasons or for beating the main quest. But back tracking simply for the sake of gaining added collectibles that aren't necessary for beating the game is just poor game design IMO. It's basically only there for completionists like myself. tongue
4) I think I speak for most people when I say that I prefer busting open treasure chests filled with gems as opposed to little wicker baskets. Treasure chests are a common videogame trope, and it's sad to not see it implemented in the other two sequels. Especially considering that it fits so well with the whole 'dragons, gems, and treasure' theme of Spyro. hmm

Besides that though, I do agree that the sequels that came after the first one are undoubtedly better overall. Good work with the video, and I hope to see a lot more in the future. big_smile

#3 May 05, 2018 7:29 AM

FuturisticEggThief
Gems: 493

Re: Spyro 1 Review!

Pretty good review.

Board footer