You are not logged in.

#26 Mar 08, 2015 11:14 AM

Sheep
Award: Skateboard Contest Winner
Gems: 0
Birthday: 20 January
Website

Re: Worst out of the Great original three

I agree, I like the characters themselves more than I like to control them. The lack of charging is probably the biggest factor. They've all got some fun or interesting abilities, which was enough when I was a kid, but they don't have that agile movement of Spyro.
Agent 9 doesn't work very well in any of his levels, except the Haunted Tomb mini game, which is one my favorite minigames as well. His controls work fairly well in a "topdown" perspective, and the shooting is so satisfying, with the animation(not to mention the "ghaww!" sound) of the snakes getting hit, and bullets bouncing off the walls, which gives you a different, funny way of shooting and aiming.
I mostly like at least the look of their main levels, though, especially Sheila's Alp and Bentley's Outpost are among my favorites.

Last edited by Sheep (Mar 08, 2015 11:16 AM)

#27 Mar 23, 2015 10:26 PM

SpyroOtaku79

Spyro 3 is my favorite, but that's because that and riptos rage are the only two I played as a kid lol :spyro:ftw! big_smile

This is my order of favor:
Yotd
RR
Std
big_smile

#28 Aug 22, 2015 5:42 PM

RagnaRocker

Spyro 3 was my favourite as it has the best vibe and the best challenges. I could play Spyro 3 all day but Spyro 2 not really as I don't think the vibe is great in it. I think the characters do add to the story and are a good addition.

Sgt Bird was my favourite, Sheila is cool, Bentley is good and so is Agent 9 the only problem is I don't hate him but I hate his challenges.

#29 Aug 22, 2015 9:45 PM

Steinar
Banned

Collecting most gems is this game ^^. I think all of them are equally good. I love me some skateboarding ^^

Ban reason: Trolling

#30 Mar 04, 2016 11:48 AM

pekakaka

I agree with the OP. Spyro 3 was trash for a third installment that came out in 2000 one year before Jak and Daxter.

-Smallest home worlds
-Lame bosses. The bird was annoying. The green rabbit was waaaay to easy, and the sorceress was just a bullet sponge.
-Worlds had little to no relation to each other.
-No new moves
-No rolling
-Most glitches in the series
-Forgettable world characters
-Sold the least amount of copies
-The tiger gets a romance character before the Spyro *spits* Bulllllsh*****T!

I have always chose to play Spyro 1 over this game.

#31 Sep 04, 2018 11:35 PM

Spyro3Fan200
Gems: 240

Disclaimer: I know this is an old thread  but I have things to add to this topic. Additionally all 3 are really good quality games from that erra, none of them are necisarlly bad games.

I wouldn't say it's the worst game while it does have alot of glitches you'd have to be really lucky, like myself, to encounter a glitch unintentuonally in a general playthrough on a real PS1. Not PS3. Not even PS2 because the PS2 is emulating PS1 so you will encounter glitches you would never see on PS1. Even glitches you dont notice. I personally think the 4 additional character and new vehicles make the game bigger and better then the last 2 games alone. While the levels may be smaller you get more variety of choice of things you can do gameplay-wise. So much variety and freedom in 1 big PS1 game makes it the better game overall in my book.

Board footer