Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Dec 13, 2017 8:00 AM

Feyster
Gems: 0

Who wants to RP?

For those that want to RP, come to this topic.

I would like to talk to people who like to RP in the Spyro universe, I have always wanted to do that but this place seems kind of dead currently.

#2 Apr 29, 2018 4:42 PM

raindrop717
Gems: 306

Re: Who wants to RP?

I tried to host a Spyro roleplay once, on a different forum website. It didn't do so well. Almost made me wonder if Spyro fans just generally don't like to roleplay (unfair, since there are or were TONS of stuff for Pern, X-Men, vampire stuff, wolves, or general fantasy). Anyway, I've always wanted to try a Spyro one, hence why I tried to make one.

#3 Apr 30, 2018 12:07 AM

riverhippo
Gems: 1,093

Yeah, I tried a crossover roleplay Spyro with MLP, which before you judge, actually has a lot of easy crossover ideas.  But even with a roleplay community in the MLP fanbase that is very active in OC creation and story-telling, it didn't take much there either.  Some people liked the idea of Spyro/MLP stories but none were enthusiastic enough to try it.  I'm hoping that Spyro has more roleplay potential in the future if his new remaster revitalizes his image and lore.

#4 Apr 30, 2018 3:25 AM

raindrop717

I love MLP almost as much as Spyro! I can see that crossing over pretty well. The dragons in the MLP universe are largely unexplored in the episodes, so with some tweaking, you could easily throw Spyro's universe in there that way. Or technically just about any universe could cross over with Spyro's, since there's the whole appearance of new worlds thing, like the introduction of Avalar in the original series, or however they did it with Crash Bandicoot in Spyro Orange (I haven't actually played that game).

#5 Apr 30, 2018 9:05 AM

riverhippo
Gems: 1,093

#6 Apr 30, 2018 1:03 PM

raindrop717

Lol, your opinion made me laugh. But yeah. I avoided all the handheld games because I really don't like them too well, I think because the screen is too tiny. It's hard to immerse myself in them.

Anyway, I like your idea and would probably join, though it's been a VERY long time since I did any text-based roleplaying. Between tabletop and the fanfiction I have though, it shouldn't be hard to pick up again.

Not sure if you've ever done tabletop RP, but there is a system published for MLP, called Tails of Equestria. I have yet to try it myself, but it could be an option if an online text-based one never works out for you.

#7 Apr 30, 2018 8:53 PM

Mr. John
Gems: -2,720

Nice too see some positive vibes about RP’s around here. I’m done with them personally had a blast last ones I was involved with. And have no interest in them anymore, I also feel my characters Argil, Marx, and Zerve’s stories are done and they ended their adventures together happy about, the lives they lived and battles they fought together. So I am done. But I do hope someone gets this place running again.

Good luck to the future get the spirit of RP’s going here again someday Happy RPing.

Last edited by Mr. John (May 04, 2018 4:38 AM)

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Cayla Mills

#8 Nov 21, 2018 3:58 AM

MrXLink
Gems: -92
Birthday: 18 November

I'd be more than willing to partake in a new RP set in the Spyro universe. I really miss the good old days of RP-ing here and pretty much any attempts on other sites have been completely futile; they were just given up on and/or had a bad base to work from. SF did actually have a very active RP time back when I was first active, so I would say it's not really about the fanbase not being interested, rather its current activity. With the last message here being half a year ago, I'm not sure about the current interest in RP-ing by anyone at all, but consider me interested in case some sort of flexible Spyro-based RP builds up here, though I must say I have extremely little knowledge of anything MLP-related, so not sure if I can work with that tongue

Aim high in life but watch out for Flying Boxes

#9 Nov 23, 2018 10:04 PM

Mr. John
Gems: -2,720

Sigh I hope I don't regret this. I'd be willing to give it a shot I guess, I don't really care if it doesn't work out and just gets dumped to the wayside to be forgotten. Work out the plot details up to you if you want but I'm in.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Cayla Mills

Board footer